Sunday, November 7, 2010

Photography
by John Dunne Photography (JdP)

Question by bleeeeeeeearrghhh: photography?

Hello

I\'m planning on taking up photography as a hobby..
just have a couple of questions:

1. What kind of camera should i go with? i\'m thinking a large portion of my photos will be black and white.

2. How do you actually get "better"? Any online guides about what to look out for and what to practice?

3. How do you actually get accredited as a professional?
Sounds like a good way to earn some cash on the side.

thanks




Best answer:

Answer by ready4sea
You\'re probably going to hear better answers from professionals but I\'ll at least put my two cents in.

I recommend taking a class first. I\'ve been taking pictures as a hobby since about 1970 but the class I took in HS really made a big difference. I don\'t know that HS\'s teach it any more, but perhaps a Jr. College might. The class will teach you about all the different sorts of pictures you can take-- scenery, portraits, etc, and could be a good source if info on cameras, filters, etc.

A very important thing I learned in the class is that you can take good pictures with any camera. It is the way you frame the picture that makes all the difference. As you get better you can tweak things like colors, contrast, depth of field, etc.

For a long time my camera was a Contax 139. When I went digital I bought a Konica Minolta Dimage X50. It has a terrible shutter delay, but if the conditions are right it can take fabulous pictures. If I were shopping for a digital SLR I\'d probably look at a Nikon.

Take the class. See what you like to do and your teacher may be able to help you decide.





Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment